The characteristics of synthetic ice are almost identical to those of real ice. In an extensive research process the Dutch producer BETECH succeeded in correcting the weaknesses of previous products and invented the Art-Ice product.
Even experienced ice-skaters barely feel a difference to usual ice in terms of the skating characteristics.
The physical characteristics of synthetic ice made by Art-Ice are revolutionary:
- 85% slippage compared to common ice
- Running, cornering and braking characteristics are identical to common ice
- Independent of weather and temperature
- Little maintenance required
- The panels can be used on both sides
- Simple installation without tools thanks to the puzzle-shaped panels and their click system
- Compatible with rinks of any shape and size
- Integrated environmentally friendly lubricant based on wax
In the course of a test period in the Götzens ice arena, we created a three minute video to demonstrate the performance of synthetic ice.